Mini hotdogs are perfect party fare and you can have these made for the kids in no time. Here we give you tips on taking these to the park for a party!
- 2 pkts of bake at home rolls (12 rolls total)
- 12 mini frankfurts
- squeezy bottle tomato sauce
- squeezy bottle mild mustard
Bake rolls as per package directions. Split down the centre.
Place frankfurts into cold water and gently warm without bringing to the boil.
Drain and place inside buns.
Squeeze sauce over just before serving.
- I like to put a saucer in the pan to keep the frankfurts immersed because it is when they hit the cold air that they split.
- If you are going to the park for a picnic you can pour boiling water over the uncooked frankfurts in a thermos and let them sit while you re-boil the kettle. Then drain and cover with boiling water again and seal until you are ready to serve.
- I then place the split rolls in a plastic bag and heat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then wrap the bag in tea towel to keep warm.
- When you get to the park you have warm rolls with hot frankfurts in the thermos and you can serve them up easily. Don’t forget the paper plates and napkins.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more party food ideas:
- First birthday cakes
- 15 birthday cakes for girls
- 15 birthday cakes for boys
- Party food favourites
- Birthday party finger food
- Pretty party food ideas
- Party food for boys
- Best tips for making a birthday cake
Browse all savoury party food recipes: