Messy birthday party theme
Kids love making a mess, so what could be more fun than a messy muck and goo-themed birthday party!
Messy party theme invitations
Draw, or print out, a 'Mr Messy' character as the basis of your party invitation. Or, have your children splatter paint all over various sheets of printed invitations and mail them off once dry.
Messy party theme costume ideas
Not so much costumes as old clothes! And smocks!
Messy party theme decorations
Anything goes here. You can decorate for a normal party with buntings and banners and balloons. Or you can throw them altogether messily with streamers and paper chains thrown in for good measure.
Messy party activities and birthday party games
- Have various 'stations' around the yard for various messy activities, and don’t forget the 'cleaning station' - a big tub of water, soap and some towels to wash off before heading inside or starting another activity!
- Let kids make their own smocks - buy oversized T-shirts from an op shop and have the children stamp their handprints all over them and let them wear these for each messy activity.
- Dough station – make this easy two-ingredient pizza dough or buy some cookie dough to roll out on a table with different cookie cutters or shape rollers. You could even bake the dough afterwards for some fun to give the kids something to take home.
- Giant bubbles - place 10 cups of cold water in a bucket and slowly add 1 cup of liquid dishwashing soap. Add 3-4 tablespoons of liquid glycerine and stir gently (avoid frothing the bubbles). Let sit for 24 hours before using. A fun idea is to fill the bottom of a small kids' paddling pool and have a child use a hula hoop as the bubble wand – they can even move the hoop up slowly around the child to encase them in a giant bubble!
- Decorate your own cupcakes - fill a muffin tray with various cake toppers - silver balls, 100s and 1000s, small M&Ms, lollies or icing flowers and let the children decorate them as they please.
- Make large batches of jelly. Tip the jelly into a small child’s wading pool and let the kids play and wrestle in the jelly in a pool.
- Make green gooey-slime - a fun and messy slime.
Messy party take-home party bag ideas
Balls of dough, a cookie cutter and their smock are a great take-home gift.
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme