We first had prawns served this way at a birthday dinner in Adelaide. I loved the look of it and have adopted it as my favourite 'prawn cocktail'- very simple to prepare and very stylish.
- 24 medium cooked, shelled prawns
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
To make the dressing, mix all ingredients together and spoon into 6 shot glasses. Place shot glasses on serving plates and pile four prawns on top of each other, wrapped around the shot glass. Place a lemon or lime wedge on each plate.
- For a more traditional dressing mix the mayonnaise with 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- A small salad of avocado slices and baby salad leaves bulks up the entrée and adds some greenery.