Christmas pudding for cheats
Search out a good quality Christmas puddings from your local deli, bakery or foodie section of department stores. The colourful packaging of Puddings on the Ritz catches my eye every year and I can vouch that the quality of the pudding is worth the money!
- 1-1½ kg good quality bought pudding
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 600ml bought fresh custard
- 300ml thick cream
Cook the pudding according to packet directions. Place the rum or brandy, custard and cream into a bowl and stir to combine. Serve the pudding topped with the custard or place the custard in a serving jug or bowl and let people help themselves.
- The custard can be even simpler - most supermarkets have prepared brandy custards in the refrigerated section at Christmas time.
- Our Christmas puddings are also usually served with raspberries, and when we were kids, red jelly!