Fruit plate & cinnamon mascarpone
Use the best of the summer fruits for a refreshing end to your Christmas meal - a pleasant change (or addition) to the heaviness of pudding. These are some of my favourites:
- 3 peaches, halved and stoned
- 3 apricots, halved and stoned
- 6 mango cheeks (3 mangoes)
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 punnet (150g) raspberries
- 1 punnet (125g) blueberries
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, halved
Arrange fruit on a large serving platter. Serve with bowls of yoghurt, icecream or 250g mascarpone combined with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon icing sugar.
- Fruit platter and creamy side dishes can be prepared a few hours in advance, covered with plastic wrap and stored in fridge.