Tomato, basil & olive salad
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 punnet red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 punnet yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup kalamata olives, stones removed and halved
- ½ cup green basil leaves
- ½ cup purple basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 level teaspoon sea salt
- 1 level teaspoon pepper
Arrange tomatoes and olives on a serving platter, scatter with basil leaves torn into shreds. To make dressing, combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small jar and shake well. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
- Salad can be prepared a few hours in advance (except for basil leaves), covered with plastic wrap and stored in fridge. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving, top with shredded basil leaves and dressing.
- Unfortunately I couldn't find yellow grape tomatoes and purple basil when I was preparing this salad for the picture. The extra colour is fantastic and worth hunting out these ingredients.