Santa's magic key
What you need
- Cardboard. To make the key and tag. (Any colour cardboard is suitable).
- Verse - "Dear Santa, We don't have a chimney in our house. Please use this special key instead! Lot of love................"
How to do it
- Use cardboard to cut out template to make Santa's Key.
- Use odd scrap of cardboard to make tag - make sure it is big enough to fit the verse on.
- Punch a small hole in both the key and tag.
- Decorate the key with glitter, sparkles, drawings or stickers etc.
- Copy out the verse onto the tag.
- Attach the tag to the key with ribbon.
- Leave enough ribbon to make a loop to hang up the key if required.
- Now you can put some of your scrap booking gear to work! Use a fancy hole punch to make the holes in the key and the tag. Round off the corners of the tag with a "corner cutter".
- If you are not going to be home at Christmas, you could change the wording on the verse to read:"Dear Santa, We won't be at our house this Christmas. Please use this magic key to visit us on Christmas Eve. Lots of love ..............."