These truffles can be made using almost any non baked fudge recipe, but here is the recipe I use.
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 125g sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 packet wine biscuits, crushed
- 250g good quality chocolate
1. Put butter, cocoa, sugar and egg into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add vanilla and crushed biscuits.
2. Let the mixture cool until it is cool enough to handle but still warm.
3. Roll mixture into dessert spoon sized balls and place on a plate. Chill for half an hour to set.
4. Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). Dip each of the balls into the melted chocolate and place on a wire rack to set.