Texture and colour xmas card
- A4 Sheet Stardream Old Gold card(each sheet will give you 2 cards)
- A4 Sheet Cristina Re Pistachio Gingham paper
- A4 Sheet Cristina Re Geisha Blossom paper
- A4 Sheet Cristina Re Papillion Flocked paper(each sheet will give you multiple cards)
- Assorted green, red and gold ribbons
- C6 Stardream Old Gold Envelopes
- Paper trimming & scoring method of choice
- Pencil,fine point marker and ruler
- UHU and craft Glue
Using preferred scoring method, score the Old Gold card in half along the long edge to create a fold at 105mm.
Using preferred trimming method cut the Old Gold card in half along the short edge to create a finished size of 210mm x 148.5mm.
Using a pencil and card, create 3 outlines in the shapes of christmas baubles. For some inspiration pull out some of your christmas tree decorations. When you are happy with your 3 shapes, cut them out with the scissors and trace around them onto a sheet of card to create a template. Using your templates, draw multiple outlines of each bauble on your sheet of Pistachio, Geisha Blossom and Papillion paper. Remember to keep each bauble consistent with 1 decorative pattern.
Lightly, but thoroughly cover the back of each bauble with UHU glue.Stick the baubles onto the card,slightly overlapping in a pleasing pattern. Press firmly to achieve maximum adhesion.
Using a fine point marker and ruler, draw a line from the centre of each bauble to the top of the card to create a ‘hanging bauble’ effect.
Cut small 8cm lengths of ribbon and tie a granny knot. Trim the ends each ribbon. Using craft glue, stick onto the cards where the lines and bauble meet.
Write your Christmas greetings on the inside of the card. Insert completed card into the C6 Stardream Old Gold for that perfect finishing touch.
More homemade Christmas cards you can make
- Swirly stars Christmas card
- Hanging bauble Christmas card
- Sparkling stars Christmas card
- Christmas meal menu card
- Christmas table placecards
- Christmas table centrepiece decorations
- Texture and colour Christmas card
- Christmas tree card
- Creative bauble card