Coconut and Lemon Slice
Makes 48 squares
Nut-free (check biscuits), Egg-free
- 2 x 200g packets Rich Shortbread biscuits
- 1 x 400g tin condensed milk
- 2 cups coconut
- 125g butter
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 30g butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Butter a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with butter. Use a food processor to crush the biscuits, this takes 2-3 batches. Place crushed biscuits, coconut, lemon rind and condensed milk in a large bowl. Melt butter and add to other ingredients, mix well. Press mixture into tray.
To make icing, sift icing sugar into bowl and stir in butter. Add lemon juice one tablespoon at a time until icing is a smooth, spreadable consistency. Spread slice with icing, refrigerate until firm and then slice into squares or triangles. Store in the fridge.
- This is one of our all time favourites. I have been making this slice since I was 15 – oh so long ago.
- You can also find this recipe in the Christmas section as Libby’s lemon slice, but I thought it needed to be in the everyday index too!
Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.