- A lot of wool
- 4 pipe cleaners
- Scrap cardboard
- Googly eyes and glue
- Cut a piece of wool about 30cm long; put it aside for later. Cut a piece of scrap cardboard about the size of a business card.
- Wrap about a metre or 2 of wool around the cardboard (don't wrap the wool too tightly or it will be hard to take it off the cardboard).
- Carefully remove the wool loops from the cardboard (make sure the loops retain their shape).
- Place the 4 pipe cleaners on top of the loops. Tightly tie the extra piece of wool around the middle of the loops plus pipecleaners.
- Cut the wool loops at their edges. Trim the pompom so that it makes a nice circle.
- Bend the spider's legs and glue on googly eyes.
Now you have a great, spooky spider.