Cancer tests and treatments
No parent wants to hear the words “I think your child has cancer.” What follows those words is a maze of confusing tests and treatments that give your child the promise of restored health.
This section is designed to help you navigate the confusion of cancer testing and treatment options that you may encounter.
Common tests and treatments include:
- Magnetic resonance test - MRI
- Cat scan
- Lumbar puncture
- Steroid treatment
Written by Rebecca Stigall for Kidspot, New Zealand's parenting resource for family health. Sources include Better Health Channel, NSW Health and Health Insite.
- 1. Are you anaemic?
- 2. Natural acne treatments
- 3. Sleep apnoea in babies and children
- 4. Could it be endometriosis?
- 5. Hayfever - the symptoms and solutions
- 6. Sleeplessness: The risks that new mums must know
- 7. Metabolic syndrome
- 8. Pigeon toes, flat feet, knocked knees - does my child have feet problems?
- 9. Honey, I’ve got a headache
- 10. Kilojoules, metabolism and losing weight