Water and other drinks
- After milk, water is the next best drink for your baby.
- Your young baby doesn't need extra water -if the weather is hot, offer an extra feed.
- Once your baby starts solid food, you can offer her a cup of water so she can begin to lean to drink from a cup.
- Don't offer your baby fruit juice - under 6 months, she may find it difficult to digest. If you do introduce her to juice, you may find that she rejects water and milk in preference to the sweetened stuff.
- Try to offer freshly cut fruit and a drink of water instead of juice.
- If you want to give her juice, dilute it with water as most juices are unnecessarily sweet.
- Don't let her have more than 1-2 little cups of juice a day. Milk and water should be her main drinks.
Common Sense Advice. Share your experiences, tips and advice on the Kidspot Forum.
- 1. Breastfeeding and sore nipples
- 2. Baby nursery checklist
- 3. Return to work without hassle
- 4. Baby Friendly Hospitals
- 5. What's your baby's crawling style?
- 6. Six reasons why crawling is important
- 7. Helping your baby to crawl
- 8. Baby awareness 9 to 12 months
- 9. Your baby's five senses
- 10. Baby development and milestones