Water and other drinks
- After milk, water is the next best drink for your baby.
- Your young baby doesn't need extra water -if the weather is hot, offer an extra feed.
- Once your baby starts solid food, you can offer her a cup of water so she can begin to lean to drink from a cup.
- Don't offer your baby fruit juice - under 6 months, she may find it difficult to digest. If you do introduce her to juice, you may find that she rejects water and milk in preference to the sweetened stuff.
- Try to offer freshly cut fruit and a drink of water instead of juice.
- If you want to give her juice, dilute it with water as most juices are unnecessarily sweet.
- Don't let her have more than 1-2 little cups of juice a day. Milk and water should be her main drinks.
- 1. Clever ways to get baby to sleep
- 2. Shamed for the ‘sexual’ nature of breastfeeding?
- 3. There are times when parenting is not all unicorns and rainbows
- 4. Why is my newborn vomiting?
- 5. The ins and outs of baby sleep advice
- 6. Cloth nappies
- 7. Breastfeeding and sore nipples
- 8. Baby nursery checklist
- 9. Return to work without hassle
- 10. Baby Friendly Hospitals