Baby safety tips
- Be a good role model. Your child will always be watching you, so don’t ever be tempted to break your own rules.
- To make sure that your car seat/ capsule is correctly installed, hire a professional to do the job.
- Look for the ‘Safebaby’ tag on any nursery furniture you buy
- Make that there are smoke detectors installed throughout your home – including your baby’s bedroom.
- Make sure the fencing surrounding your pool/spa complies with local council regulations, and that you have a CPR instruction card on the fence.
- Make a list of emergency phone numbers and keep it in a safe place near the phone.
- Ensure that your child’s play area is safe – keep her away from heaters and stairs, and make sure that it’s clear of any small objects that could pose a choking hazard.
- Always follow the Safe Sleep guidelines.
- Always store your poisons out of reach – you may want to consider building or installing a lockable poisons cupboard, including medicines and cleaning products.
- Make sure that you always correctly strap your child into her highchair.
- Never leave your child unattended in the car. Temperatures can quickly soar and your child may dehydrate very quickly.
Common Sense Advice. Share your experiences, tips and advice on the Kidspot Forum.
- 1. How much sleep does my toddler need?
- 2. Going to bed problems
- 3. Reading with toddlers
- 4. Learning songs
- 5. Cooking with a toddler
- 6. Best books for toddlers
- 7. Play stages for toddlers
- 8. Feeding toddlers
- 9. Encouraging your toddler to eat
- 10. Toddlers and fussy eating
- 11. Toilet training basics
- 12. Discipline tips for 1 - 3 year olds
- 13. Toddler fears
- 14. Why does my toddler lie?
- 15. Best toddler tips
- 16. 10 tips to deal with tantrums