Customise your chocolate Easter eggs
How to customize and decorate chocolate eggs
Make the Easter eggs you give away this season that bit more special by dipping them in white chocolate and covering with hundreds and thousands.
- Chocolate eggs - Cadbury's solid chocolate eggs hold up the best!
- White chocolate melts
- A bowl
- A plate
- Wooden skewers
- Hundreds and thousands
- Also required: a glass, stovetop, saucepan over water
Start with the ingredients; add skewers to chocolate eggs; melt the dipping chocolate; work quickly to dip and coat the eggs, allow to set on the skewers before removing and packaging.
How to customise your chocolate Easter eggs:
1. Place the chocolate egg onto the pointy end of the skewer. Sprinkle the hundreds and thousands onto a plate.
2. Gently melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a simmering pan of water. Once it's just melted, turn off the heat and leave for about 10 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Gently dip the chocolate egg into the white chocolate and swirl it around once so as much or as a little is covered with white chocolate as you desire.
4. Now do the same in the hundreds and thousands so they stick to the white chocolate.
5. Place the skewer in a glass to set.
6. Once set, remove skewers and place in a bowl to eat or wrap and give as gifts (link to gift bag).
For the larger hunting eggs (second main pic), pierce the egg with the pointy end of the skewer, remove and cut off the point, then insert again until it hits the other side. Wrap with skewer in place like an Easter egg lollipop.
Browse Kidspot Easter crafts and feast ideas: