Make hanging cones for an Easter egg hunt
Hanging cones for Easter egg hunt
Make the kids easter egg hunt a little prettier and whimsical by hanging eggs from a tree. Here's how.
- Vellum paper (from Spotlight)
- Decorative scalloped-edge scissors
- A single hole punch
- A cutting mat or chopping board
- Double-sided tape
- Thin string
Tools to make the craft; how to cut the vellum paper; create the cones and hang outside.
How to make Easter cones:
1. Cut vellum paper into a triangle and round the tops with the scalloped-edge scissors
2. Use the single hole punch to punch holes in a pattern into the vellum.
3. Roll the paper into a cone and stick together with double-sided tape along one side. Ensure the egg will fit before you stick together.
4. Tie on the string - if there are no holes directly opposite from each other (for the best balance), punch another.
5. Hang from the trees at child's arm height and place an egg in the cone before the hunt begins!