Nursery rhyme lyrics
Nursery rhymes help kids learn vocabulary and also early counting skills. We have the most popular nursery rhymes and their lyrics, just in case you've forgetten the words.
Nursery rhymes are fun and can help settle kids on a car trip or during bath time as well as providing a bed time routine. Passing your favourite nursery rhyme to your kids may well be a family tradition, but that doesn't mean there aren't lots of modern nursery rhymes to add to your collection, too.
Research has discovered the ‘Mozart Effect’ where early exposure to music helps build the brain connections that are used for passing along thoughts and information. This early exposure to music also improves overall health, boosts IQ and cements emotional bonds.
Find a favourite nursery rhyme or learn a new one:
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hey Diddle Diddle
I'm A Little Tea-Pot
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Jack and Jill
Little Boy Blue
Mary Mary Quite Contrary
Ring a Ring o' Roses
Rock a Bye Baby
Sing a Song of Sixpence
This Little Piggie
Three Blind Mice
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Find more about baby and toddler play:
- Teaching your child to play
- Discover how do babies learn to play?
- Find the types of play toddlers do
- Tummy time and floor play for babies
- Sign up for your expert FREE weekly email guide to baby’s first year
Find more activities for kids
- 1. How much sleep does my toddler need?
- 2. Going to bed problems
- 3. Reading with toddlers
- 4. Learning songs
- 5. Cooking with a toddler
- 6. Best books for toddlers
- 7. Play stages for toddlers
- 8. Feeding toddlers
- 9. Encouraging your toddler to eat
- 10. Toddlers and fussy eating
- 11. Toilet training basics
- 12. Discipline tips for 1 - 3 year olds
- 13. Toddler fears
- 14. Why does my toddler lie?
- 15. Best toddler tips
- 16. 10 tips to deal with tantrums