9 to 12 months understanding the world
Developmental milestones include:
- He can see and is interested in small objects which he reaches out for
- He looks in the right direction for objects that he has dropped
- He starts to examine objects closely before putting them in his mouth
Signs that suggest a developmental problem:
- He isn’t curious about new objects
All children are different and develop at different rates, so don’t be overly concerned if your baby is acquiring new skills at a different rate to those around her. But if you are worried about her development, talk to a health professional for a little reassurance.
Common Sense Advice. Share your experiences, tips and advice on the Kidspot Forum.
- 1. Clever ways to get baby to sleep
- 2. Shamed for the ‘sexual’ nature of breastfeeding?
- 3. There are times when parenting is not all unicorns and rainbows
- 4. Why is my newborn vomiting?
- 5. The ins and outs of baby sleep advice
- 6. Cloth nappies
- 7. Breastfeeding and sore nipples
- 8. Baby nursery checklist
- 9. Return to work without hassle
- 10. Baby Friendly Hospitals