Baby awareness 9 to 12 months
Developmental milestones include:
- He can see and is interested in small objects which he reaches out for
- He looks in the right direction for objects that he has dropped
- He starts to examine objects closely before putting them in his mouth
Signs that suggest a developmental problem:
- He isn't curious about new objects
All children are different and develop at different rates, so don't be overly concerned if your baby is acquiring new skills at a different rate to those around her. But if you are worried about her development, talk to a health professional for a little reassurance.
- Sign up for your expert FREE weekly email guide to baby’s first year
- Baby eyesight
- Baby's development and milestones
- All baby growth articles
Sources include SA Government's Parenting and Child Health and Raising Children Network.