Easter egg nature collage
Just because Easter doesn't happen during spring time here in the southern hemisphere, doesn't mean you can't involve nature in your Easter crafting. For a simple Easter craft that uses items you can find in your back garden, try making this sweet Easter egg nature collage.These are simple enough for even the smallest family members to make, and fun for the bigger kids, too.
What you will need:
- paper or cardboard
- a permanent marker
- PVA glue in a container with a brush
- a collection of leaves, flowers, petals etc.
Take a container out to the back garden and collect interesting leaves, flowers, petals, grass... whatever you can find.
Draw an egg shape on your paper or cardboard using a permanent marker.
Put some PVA glue into a container and, using a large brush, brush the glue onto the egg shape.
Choose items from your nature collection and glue them onto the egg.
- It's important to use a permanent marker because a regular water-based marker will run when the glue comes in contact with it.
- Make sure you have enough glue and press larger items down firmly to make sure they stick.
- You could make a giant egg collages to use as Easter decorations, or small ones would be perfect on the front of homemade Easter cards.
Browse Kidspot Easter crafts and feast ideas:
This activity was created by Picklebums for Kidspot, New Zealand's best parenting resource.