Make Easter egg people
Here is a super easy, quick and almost no-mess craft idea for decorating eggs. This activity uses no messy dyes, there is no drying time and your kids can be as creative as they like. All you need are eggs and permanent markers to make these super cute, super fun, Easter egg people!
What you will need:
- eggs - hard boiled, blown or straight from the carton.
- permanent markers
- an egg carton
- something to cover your work surface.
Cover your work surface with newspaper or a plastic cloth and wear old clothes or an apron.
Cut up an empty egg carton into sections to give the kids somewhere to rest their eggs while they're working on them.
Use the markers to draw faces, hair, clothes and accessories on your Easter egg people!
- Eggs come in a selection of different colours, just like people, so I chose a range of eggs in different shades to decorate.
- Because my decoration crew included a three year old, I chose to hard boil our eggs to make them stronger and more stable for little hands to manipulate. You could also blow your eggs, which is a fun activity for older kids, or leave them as is.
- They don't call them permenant markers for nothing! Make sure your table is well covered just in case your little artists get overly enthusiastic with the markers.
Browse Kidspot Easter crafts and feast ideas:
This activity was created by Picklebums for Kidspot, New Zealand's best parenting resource.