15 active games to get kids away from their screens
Fill their lungs with air and let the breeze blow through their hair – that’s what childhood is all about. Here are 15 ludicrously fun games to get the kids away from those screens.
1. Cat and mouse
The aim of this active game is to help the mouse escape the clutches of the playful cat. There will be squeals of excitement!
- See here for the rules of the Cat and mouse game.
2. Bend the light
The kids will love this light bending experiment, discovering one of the elements that go into the science behind Harry's cloak.
- See here for this science project experiment Bend the light.
3. What’s the time Mr Wolf?
Who will be caught by the hungry wolf at dinner time? This is all about survival of the quickest!
- See here for the rules of the What’s the time Mr Wolf game.
Get tagged and you’re out! This hilarious chasing game will give the kids a belly laugh like nothing else.
- See here for the rules of the Tag game.
Can you steal the lollies from the blindfolded keeper? In this game your powers of stealth and trickery will really be put to the test.
- See here for the rules of the Thief game.
6. Hose limbo
Now for an active game that is also a complete giggle fest! Challenge the whole family and see who comes out the winner!.
- See here for the rules of the Hose limbo.
7. Superhero chasey
8. Twist and out!
Get the kids to twist and turn through this classic game.
- See here for the rules of the Twist and out!.
9. Duck, duck, goose
Whether you’re a duck or a goose, you are guaranteed to cheer, clap and scream your way through this thrilling game of chase.
- See here for the rules of the Duck, duck, goose game.
10. Show jump showdown
Gather the kids and let their imaginations take flight as they take their ponies over a jumping course in the backyard!
- See here for the rules of the Show jump showdown.
11. Stuck in the mud
Loved by kids the world over, this classic active outdoor game just never seems to get old.
- See here for the rules of the Stuck in the mud game.
12. Blind man’s bluff
You might not be able to see in this game of tag, but if you’re quiet you just might hear your opponents or perhaps even smell their fear!
- See here for the rules of the Blind man’s bluff game.
13. Capture the flag
Find your opponents hidden flag and your team will be victorious. But get caught in the process and victory might get snatched away.
- See here for the rules of the Capture the flag game.
14. Magnetic fishing game
Make your own fishing game using our fish printables. Let the kids decorate their own before they enjoying playing.
- See here for the rules of the Magnetic fishing game.
15. Fox and geese
You can run but you cannot hide. This creative game requires you to think strategically to avoid being tagged.
- See here for the rules of the Fox and geese game.