Birthday party idea: ballet ribbon wand
These ribbon wands will delight most little girls, especially those that are all tutu-ed up for a ballet themed birthday party. This would also work well for those who love gymnastics or dancing.
This craft can either be prepared ahead to hand out on the party day for kids to take-home as party favours, or you could set up a craft table and have the party attendees make them.
To make ribbon wands, you’ll need:
- Piece of dowel
- Satin ribbon - at least 2 metres long for each wand
- Bead with large enough hole to thread the dowel through
- Hot glue gun
- Paint and paintbrush (if you wish to paint it a prettier colour)
How to make ribbon wands:
- Paint the dowel and bead the colour of your choice. Leave to dry.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the end of the ribbon to the end of the dowel.
- Wrap the ribbon around the dowel end so it is smooth and secure.
- Thread the bead onto the dowel (from the other end) and move it up towards the ribbon. Put some glue on the section of the ribbon that is glued to the dowel and slide the bead over the ribbon so it sits on the glued-down bit.
- You might need to squeeze a little extra glue into the bead’s hole for extra support.
- Cut the end of the ribbon at a neat angle.
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme