Birthday party idea: tin can flower pots
This idea could actually be used as a party activity and a take-home party favour – particularly fun if your child wants a floral-themed party. These dressed-up recycled tin cans are not only pretty, but can offer a great learning experience for children to watch plants grow.
To make floral tin can pots, you’ll need:
- A range of washed and dried tin cans - just keep them after cooking!
- Assortment of patterned papers - florals are good to continue the theme, but you can use any pattern you like.
- Double-sided tape
- Soil (optional)
- Flower seeds (optional)
How to make floral tin can pots:
- Measure the size of the can between the top and bottom ridges and the diameter.
- Cut the patterned paper to these measurements.
- On the underside of the patterned paper, stick a strip of double-sided tape along the edge.
- Stick this paper edge to the tin can.
- Wrap the paper around the can and place another strip of double-sided tape on the edge of the paper that is already stuck to the can. Stick in place.
- Cut off excess paper
- Fill the tin can with soil and seeds if you want to turn them in to actual flower pots. Alternatively, the paper-covered cans make lovely pencil tins on their own.
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme