Birthday party idea: Hanging donuts and biscuits game
This colourful idea is perfect for a rainbow themed party, and recreates a fun game which is a twist on apple bobbing. In the hanging donuts and biscuits game, the children must wade through coloured streamers to find and eat as many doughnuts or biscuits as they can, but they cannot use their hands! To prepare this project, it’s best to make the hanging streamers the day before or morning of the party so the food doesn’t get too stale.
To make hanging donuts and biscuits, you’ll need:
- Colourful crepe-paper streamers (try any discount store)
- Biscuits - 100s and 1000s are nice and colourful!
- Mini iced donuts
- Chopping board
How to make the hanging biscuits for the party game:
- Place the tip of a sharp knife into the centre of a biscuit.
- Twist the knife around gently until it starts to cut through the biscuit, leaving a small round hole.
- Tie some string through the biscuit or donut hole.
- Now tie the string with biscuits and donuts attached to the branches of the tree. Alternatively, tie the string in the branches first amongst the streamers and just before game time tie the donuts and biscuits to the ends of the string.
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme