Birthday party idea: robot costume
Little birthday robots need little robot costumes! This robot costume is easy to make and can be shiny and silver as we did here, or you can amp it up even more with a dose of sparkly silver spray paint. Perfect attire for a robot theme birthday party.
To make a robot costume, you'll need:
- A box to fit the child - a nappy box is a good size
- Box cutter or knife
- 2 slinkys
- Aluminium foil
- Spray adhesive
- Hot glue gun
- Assortment of pastic lids
- Silver ribbon
- Permanent coloured textas (optional)
- Paper (optional)
How to create a robot costume:
- Cut the four flaps off the bottom of the box.
Use the box cutter to cut a large square hole in the bottom of the box.
On the sides, cut up from the bottom to create a slot for the arms (this makes it easier than having to put their arms through a small hole).
- Hot glue gun a piece of ribbon to the inside of the top of the arm slot to attach the slinky.
- Spray glue the outside of the box and stick aluminium foil over the outside.
- Smooth the foil over so it sticks and fold the edges underneath the open part of the box as you would wrap a present. You will likely need to do more than one layer.
- Use your knife to cut out the square head hole in the top.
- Glue the plastic bottle tops to the front of the box to create 'buttons'. You can also draw a picture for the front of the box on the paper. For example, this could be a picture of a robot in silver marker on black paper.
- Once the child is in the box, slip the slinkys over each arm and loop the ends on ribbon hoops for springy robot arms. You could spray-paint these silver too for a metal look!
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme