Birthday party idea: gingerbread cubby house
By Belinda Graham |
Just like the gingerbread house that Hansel and Gretel came across in the fairy tale, this party cubby house could be fun to play with – and even more fun to eat! Perfect for a storybook theme party.
To make a Hansel And Gretel lolly house, you’ll need:
- A cardboard box or readymade cardboard cubbyhouse
- Scissors, knife or box cutter
- Also handy: masking or packaging tape, butter knife or spatula
How to make a Hansel and Gretel lolly house:
- Carefully open up the box and turn it inside out. Tape it back together with masking or packaging tape. Close one end of the box and tape it in place. Now make the top flaps into a roof shape by cutting off the two smaller flaps and sticking the two bigger ones together in a peak.
- Cut out a door and window in the box.
- Apply icing with a butter knife or spatula and start arranging lollies in place.
- Pineapple lumps make good bricks, milk bottles as architraves. Smarties would look great as a roof as would wafer biscuits layered to look like roof tiles. Get creative!
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme