Make your own party poppers
Make your own safe party poppers! This project idea is really just a home-made version of a Christmas cracker stuffed with goodies and party favours.
These party poppers are a decorated cardboard cylinder which you stuff with your own small gifts or novelty items. Party guests pull the ends of the cracker and surprises fall out.
What you'll need to make party poppers:
- Assortment of lollies, tiny toys, party whistles or delights
- 4 sheets of coloured tissue paper or wrapping paper
- Cardboard tubes (either cut a paper towel tube in half, or use an empty toilet paper roll)
- Coloured curling ribbon
How to make party poppers:
- Cut the tissue paper in half, lengthwise.
- Cut 8 strands of each colour of ribbon, around 30-45cm long.
- Fill the tubes with lollies, toys, party squawkers.
- Lay one sheet of tissue paper flat on a surface. Place the tube at one edge and roll the paper tightly around the tube.
- Tie the ribbon tightly at both ends of the tube.
To pop: Pull and twist on the ends of the tube.
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme