Robot birthday party theme
Almost all little boys love robots at some time in their lives. Indulge this stage with a fun robot theme birthday party - they'll think you're awesome.
Robot party theme invitations
On a narrow strip of black paper write the party details with a white or silver pen. Then hot-glue gun the short side of the strip to the body of a flat-ended screw. Roll the screw up in the paper so that it sits inside. Use a tiny silver spot sticker to hold the paper in place and mail off.
Robot party theme costume ideas
Something silvery and boxy! Try making this cute robot costume.
Robot party theme decorations
- Think metallics, silver, nuts and bolts.
- Buy silver balloons and silver cellophane paper to create streamers.
- Raid the toolbox and dig out all the old, never-to-be-used nuts and bolts and string them together to make a garland. Thread the string through a nut, tie it on, then through another one, spacing a few centimetres apart.
- Place the food trays and bowls on a paper tablecloth and use the plates and bowls as 'body parts' of a robot, drawing the other body parts around it on the paper.
Robot party activities and birthday party games
- Tin-can robot station: using washed and cleaned tin cans (try sticking some thick duct or packaging tape around the rim to avoid cuts), make up a little table with an assortment of metal bits and bobs - screws, nuts, bolts, washers as well as some wiggly plastic eyes and springs. Hot-glue small magnets onto each of the pieces and have the kids 'create' robots by sticking the magnetic pieces onto the cans.
- Robot freeze dance: let the kids do robot dancing, then 'freeze' when the music stops.
- Edible robot competition: lay out an assortment of foody things in various shapes - crescent apples, rectangle carrots, square bread slices, round sultanas and cucumbers etc and have the kids get creative and 'play with their food' to make robots.
- Robot races: first to the finish line walking like a robot (straight legs out of the side; arms stiff but bent at elbow moving up and down) wins.
Robot party take-home party bag ideas
Tin can robots and antenna: stick a foam ball into the end of a pipe cleaner and wrap around a headband, leaving a few centimetres of length between the band and ball so that it sticks upright.
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme