Mummy craft project - Make a gorgeous kids' bedroom letter
Plain white letters hanging on kids' bedroom doors are so yesterday! Pretty up and personalise your child's bedroom by making a stylish paper-covered plywood letter. Simply follow these super-easy step-by-step instructions to make one yourself. Get creative and choose whatever coloured paper or design takes your (or your child's) fancy!
- Plywood letter
- pretty paper of your choice
- Spray glue
- Stanley knife
- Picture hanger (unless the letter already has one on the back)
NB: you can buy plywood letters, pretty paper and spray glue from Spotlight stores and other craft suppliers)
Place the plywood letter on top of the pretty paper facing right-side up. Roughly cut around the shape of the letter, leaving a margin of around a centimetre, to get a rough letter shape.
Place the paper letter right side down onto newspaper and spray with glue adhesive. Follow the instructions on the can, but it'll usually tell you to wait until it's a bit tacky before sticking.
Place the paper letter onto the plywood and press firmly all over so the glue sticks evenly.
Turn letter over, hold firmly with one hand and carefully cut the excess paper off using a stanley knife. Use the letter itself like you would a ruler to cut it perfectly to shape.
All finished! Leave to dry and hang your new pretty letter using a picture hanger on your child's door or bedroom wall.
Find more birthday party crafts and ideas:
- Make a no-sew superhero cape and mask
- Invisible ink invitations
- Ballet ribbon wand craft
- Make tin can flower pots
- Messy ooblek recipe
- Confetti balloons invitations
- Hanging donuts and biscuits game
- Make a robot costume
- Make an easy fringe piñata
- Make chocolate gold medals for prizes
- Gingerbread cubby house party activity
- Tea party ribbon craft
- Make your own party poppers
Find more birthday party themes:
- Tea party birthday party theme
- Messy birthday party theme
- Rainbow birthday party theme
- Sports carnival birthday party theme
- Sparkle birthday party theme
- Robot birthday party theme
- Ballet birthday party theme
- Storybook birthday party theme
- Superhero birthday party theme
- Flowers birthday party theme
- Pyjama birthday party theme