Snag a good meal with a month’s worth of brilliant banger recipes
They can be eaten as they are – just thrown in a pan, under the grill or on the barbie for a few minutes – OR you can fashion them into an exotic first-class meal that will have the family begging for more! Welcome to the wonderful world of sausages. This spread of banger recipes will blow your mind …
1. Bacon and onion sausage bake
The secret of this one-pot wonder lies in the rich sauce, which just screams ‘lick your plate’.
- See here for the Bacon and onion sausage bake recipe.
2. Left over sausage and pasta bake
Get this delish and economical dish on the table in around 30 minutes. It’s a mid-week dinner winner.
- See here for the Left over sausage and pasta bake recipe.
3. Devilled sausages
With gravy to die for, this budget friendly meal promises oodles of flavour.
- See here for the Devilled sausages recipe.
4. Spaghetti with easy sausage meatballs
This is an easy cheat on an old family classic. Using well-flavoured sausages it saves you making your own meatballs.
- See here for the Spaghetti with easy sausage meatballs recipe.
5. Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
Set your crock pot to low and get on with the rest of your day. This slow-cooker recipe might just become your new fave.
- See here for the Slow cooked chicken and chorizo recipe.
6. Sausage and onion jam rolls
Theses bite-sized morsels are brilliant for kids parties AND glam enough to serve to grown-ups too.
- See here for the Sausage and onion jam rolls recipe.
7. Bangers and mash
There’s nothing wrong with keeping it real. This classic meal is a dead set family favourite.
- See here for the Bangers and mash recipe.
8. Sausage, apple and rosemary bake
Turn everyday sausages into something special with this delicious bake recipe. Yummo!
- See here for the Sausage, apple and rosemary bake recipe.
9. Sausage kebabs
Serve sausages on a stick? The kids will think all of their Christmases have come at once, guaranteed!
- See here for the Sausage kebabs recipe.
10. Chorizo fried rice
For lovers of rice, this fried rice recipe is a hard one to beat. Ideal comfort food.
- See here for the Chorizo fried rice recipe.
11. Yummy curried sausages
Don’t be put off by the ‘curry’ – your kids will lick their bowls over and over again after they taste this!
- See here for the Yummy curried sausages recipe.
12. Orecchiette with sausage and greens
This funny little earlobe-shaped pasta is the perfect vehicle for hearty sausage and green vegetable sauce. Wow!
- See here for the Orecchiette with sausage and greens recipe.
13. Maple sausages
Sweet sticky sauce smothered over your favourite snags – now that’s what we call eating for pleasure.
- See here for the Maple sausages recipe.
14. Sausage pie
A heavenly mix of vegetables, cheese and sausage makes this a scrummy way to get your pie fix.
- See here for the Sausage pie recipe.
15. Sausage and beef casserole
A pot of this winter food will keep every member of the family toasty warm and satisfied on the inside.
- See here for the Sausage and beef casserole recipe.
16. Hot sausage pot pies
These cute pot pies make a great quick dinner for the whole family.
- See here for the Hot sausage pot pies recipe.
17. Roasted tomato and chorizo soup
Slurp on this flavour-packed soup for a warming meal that you’ll always come back to.
- See here for the Roasted tomato and chorizo soup recipe.
18. Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
Wholesome and delicious veggies with sausages. This will definitely impress. Just watch your family ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ over this.
- See here for the Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad recipe.
19. Sausage and spinach lasagne
For a tasty twist on a traditional family fave, you just have to try this recipe with leftover sausages.
- See here for the Sausage and spinach lasagne recipe.
20. Chorizo sausage salad
Try these spicy sausages with bitter leaves, beetroot and feta cheese. Eat it as a complete meal or as part of a bbq buffet!
- See here for the Chorizo sausage salad recipe.
21. Prosciutto chipolatas
Make a platter of these little bites at your next shindig and they’ll disappear right before your very eyes.
- See here for the Prosciutto chipolatas recipe.
22. Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
This tomatoey sauce combines beautifully with creamy polenta. If your kids love mash, they will love polenta too.
- See here for the Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta recipe.
23. Little piggies
Sausages wrapped in toasted cheesy bread – now that’s every kids’ idea of YUM. Try it, and you will see.
- See here for the Little piggies recipe.
24. Moroccan meatball chevaps tagine
Chevaps are a skinless sausage and it makes this recipe super easy as you can roll the chevaps into delicious meatballs.
- See here for the Moroccan meatball chevaps tagine recipe.
25. Sausage salad
Knock this simple warm salad together for a fast Sunday night feast. TV dinner – here we come.
- See here for the Sausage salad recipe.
26. Italian sausage and rocket penne
Prep this dish in advance and throw it together at the last minute, for a truly crowd-pleasing banger bite.
- See here for the Italian sausage and rocket penne recipe.
27. Sausage hotpot
When the fridge is bare (apart from a tray of lovely sausages), this belly-filler, made from pantry staples will ensure your family still get a decent feed.
- See here for the Sausage hotpot recipe.
28. Chorizo and potato frittata
This is a great budget dish that will fill tummies and even works well in the school lunchboxes the next day.
- See here for the Chorizo and potato frittata recipe.
29. Baked sausages and butter beans
Full of fresh flavours, this one-pan aromatic main is just what you ALL need after a crazy day.
- See here for the Baked sausages and butter beans recipe.
30. Sausage macaroni cheese
Take this popular kiddie delight and ramp up the deliciousness with some sausage pieces. Instant hit!
- See here for the Sausage macaroni cheese recipe.
This article was written by Jo Harris for Kidspot.com.au and has been adapted for Kidpsot.co.nz