Poetry: Autumn fun
Print out some fun autumn poetry for your kids to get creative with. They'll enjoy reading about the season and maybe even making up a rhyme or two of their own!
What you need:
- computer with internet access
If you choose to print and decorate:
- coloured pencils or markers
Print off this autumn poetry for your kids to decorate and enjoy. The'll love making cards, a poster or adding it to another piece of autumn artwork to be proudly displayed on the fridge!
A pile of leaves from your trees,
Up in the air they fly,
I throw them around with my friends,
Until it’s time to say goodbye,
Tomorrow promises yet more fun,
The wind is said to be strong,
We’ll grab our brightly coloured kites,
Making sure the strings are long.
One last thing before we go,
A collection of leaves a must,
Gather all the colours
Before that great big gust.
Crafting fun indoors today,
Stick the leaves down 1-2-3,
Draw a picture or make a card,
There! A pretty autumn tree.
Learning benefits of play, craft and activities:
- Benefits of crafts for kids
- Craft ideas to make for babies
- Why reading is important
- Your child's development milestones
- Why play makes kids smarter
- The importance of outdoor play
- Types of play
- How craft helps unplug kids from screentime
Find ideas for toddlers
- Eat, sleep and play ideas for toddlers
- Nursery rhyme lyrics
- Kids' songs and lullaby lyrics
- Games, crafts and activities for 2-year-olds
- How-to make your own toys videos
- 20 fun toddler activities and games
- Toddler play
- Best recipes for toddlers
- Solving toddler tantrums
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!