Easy costume: Cruella De Ville
Good news! 101 Dalmations was originally a novel by Dodie Smith (1956) so Cruella is good to go for a Book Week costume idea. This fun dress up game would also be great for Halloween.
What you need:
- 1 x black dress
- some long strands of beads
- any white leopard print fabric you can lay your hands on (we found a coat in K-mart for $12!)
- 1 x black feather boa (from a discount shop)
- 1 x white feather boa
- 1 x plain beanie
- hot glue gun
- red lipstick
- a small handbag
Cruella is all about the accessories and the most important 'accessory' is her half white, half black hair.
You can do this in one of two ways:
1. Use spray on hair paints to colour your child's hair
2. Fashion a 'wig' by gluing black and white feather boas to a beanie
Now add a black dress and some sort of white dalmatian print 'fur coat.'
You could try Spotlight for a piece of fabric which you could then just drape around Cruella's shoulders or you may have a suitable scarf in your own wardrobe. Failing that, scour Vinnies or K-mart for something cheap and suitable.
Now add jewels, (we got some cheap red beads from the discount shop) and a handbag (Mum's wardrobe)
Evil. Pure evil. Lock up your dogs everybody, Cruella is on the rampage.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!