Easy costume: Puss in Boots
Book Week costume ideas are all about the accessories and Puss in Boots is all about the ... boots! Every woman has a pair of long black boots in her wardrobe these days, which is why it's so easy to make your kids a Puss in Boots dress up for Book Week.
What you need:
- 1 x akubra or wide brimmed hat
- 1 x big yellow feather
- 1 x black buckled belt
- 1 x pair of long black boots
- 1 x cape
- 1 x sword (a thin foil-style)
Watch the video for inspiration on how to put your Puss in Boots costume together.
But here are the essential details:
- pin up one side of the hat and put an orange or gold feather in the hat
- you'll find a feather template here
- source a flouncy white shirt from your own wardrobe
- draw a cat's nose and whiskers onto your child's face
- let your child wear your favourite long black boots (not easy, but all in the name of dress ups)
Add a buckled belt, cape and sword. Puss is ready to rock the Book Week parade.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!