Egg carton Very Hungry Caterpillar
This simple Book Week craft activity is a great one for toddlers. Just cut them a row of egg cups from the carton and let them loose with the paints. You can then use it as a prop while you're reading Eric Carle's classic, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
What you need:
- 1 x row of egg cups from an egg carton
- red paint
- green paint
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- 1 x small piece black pipe cleaner
Cut a row of six egg cups from the carton. Trim and tidy the cups using a craft knife so you get a nice caterpillar shape.
Now let your toddler loose with green paint for the body and red paint for the head.
Glue on the googly eyes.
Now pierce two holes in the top of the caterpillar's head. Form a small piece of pipe cleaner into a 'V' shape and thread it through the holes, so it pokes up as antennae (see video).
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
More Very Hungry Caterpillar crafts on Kidspot:
- Very Hungry Caterpillar handprint art
- Paper craft Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Very Hungry Caterpillar finger painting
- Pom pom Very Hungry Caterpillar craft
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Bento Box
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!