Paper craft Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, with its strikingly simple illustrations and story, is a great jumping-off point for some fun craft ideas for kids. This simple paper craft caterpillar is a good one for Book Week.
What you need:
- 1 x A4 piece of green construction paper
- 1 x small piece of red construction paper
- 1 x small piece of yellow construction paper
- 1 x piece of brown foam board
- lead pencil
Cut the A4 piece of green paper into 3.5cm strips, widthways.
Now curl each strip into a circle and staple it in place.
Staple about five or six green circles together to create the caterpillar's body.
Draw a rough oval shape onto the red paper. Cut it out to use as the caterpillar's head.
Draw two small yellow ovals (eyes) and two slightly smaller green ovals (inner eyes) and glue green to yellow to make two eyes.
Draw a small mouth on using a black marker pen.
Cut two antennae from the brown foam board.
Glue the face to the circle body.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
More Very Hungry Caterpillar crafts on Kidspot:
- Very Hungry Caterpillar handprint art
- Very Hungry Caterpillar egg carton craft
- Very Hungry Caterpillar finger painting
- Pom pom Very Hungry Caterpillar craft
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Bento Box
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!