Very Hungry Caterpillar finger painting
Fingerprint art and handprint art can be a cute and memorable way to mark your child's growth through the years. This Very Hungry Caterpillar finger painting is also a fun Book Week craft idea.
What you need:
- red paint
- green paint
- yellow paint
- blue paint
- 1 x large sheet of white paper
- 4 x fingers
- 1 x thumb
Load up your toddler's fingers with green paint. Make the caterpillar's body with green fingerprints.
Use a red thumbprint as the caterpillar's head.
Draw in the antennae, legs, eyes and mouth with a black marker pen.
Add a yellow sun in one corner and colourful fingerprint flowers along the bottom of the page.
You could also add fingerprint versions of all the food the caterpillar munches through.
Now quickly grab your toddler and wash her hands before she fingerprints your whole house!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
More Very Hungry Caterpillar crafts on Kidspot:
- Very Hungry Caterpillar handprint art
- Very Hungry Caterpillar egg carton craft
- Paper craft Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Pom pom Very Hungry Caterpillar craft
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Bento Box
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!