Cute bunny puppet
This cute bunny puppet is made from an old sweater. It requires minimal sewing skills, and if you don't have a sewing machine, it's a small enough project to stitch by hand for older kids. A great handmade present for a newborn, it's also perfect for Easter.
Number of players:
What you need:
- free bunny puppet template
- printer and paper (to print out bunny template)
- an old light-coloured woollen sweater that has been felted (fulled) in hot water so it won't unravel when cut.
- pink felt scraps for the ears
- wool roving or yarn to make pom pom tail
- embroidery or sewing thread for nose and eyes
- sewing needle
- sewing machine (optional)
Step 1. Using the bunny puppet template cut two pieces, aligning the ribbed edge of the sweater at the bottom to form the cuff of the puppet.
Step 2. Cut two ears out of the pink felt.
Step 3. Using your sewing machine zig zag (or hand stitch) around the edges of the puppet, leaving the bottom open where your hand will go.
Step 4. To shape the puppet's ears, fold the edges of the felt into the cente and hand stitch to fasten. Do this for both ears.
Step 5. Either make a small pom pom with the yarn, or needle felt some roving to make a fluffy tail. Hand stitch onto the puppet.
Step 6. Use black threatd to stitch on the bunny's eyes and nose where indicated on the template.
Step 7. All done! Enjoy your new bunny puppet.
NOTE: If you don't have a 'fulled' sweater, look for one that was accidentally machine washed or thrown in the dryer. It's the same effect.
This craft was created by Cintia, who blogs at my poppet.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!