Make a 3D heart garland
This super cute 3D heart garland comes with a free heart shape printable and makes a great Valentine's or Mother's Day decoration. Once you get started, you won't want to stop making this string of gorgeous paper heart bunting.
What you need:
- a printer and computer
- 1 x FREE heart garland printable (printed out two or three times)
- red paper
- white paper
- a stapler
- 50cm of wool, string or ribbon
- a large embroidery needle
Print out the FREE printable at least twice (2 printables = 4 x 3D hearts) - more if you want to make a really long garland.
Cut out the heart shapes and layer them on top of each other, from fattest to narrowest.
Fold across the mirror image line to get the centre and staple. Fan out the hearts so that the shape becomes three dimensional.
Make at least four to six. Then use a large embroidery needle to string them together on a piece of wool or ribbon. Hang your garland somewhere for Valentine's Day.
Hints and tips:
- Make as many hearts as you like, and in different colours if you want to!
- You could also use patterned paper to create a really colourful heart garland.
Thanks to our sister company Kidspot
for creating the printable templates. Australia
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!