Make a superhero symbol
What could be cooler than having your very own superhero symbol? Better than Batman's bat signal, you could have your own superhero emblem with this light experiment. This is a fun activity for sleepovers or superhero parties, too.
Number of players:
What you need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Piece of thin cardboard
- Plastic cling wrap
- Elastic band
- Sticky tape
1. Design a superhero symbol (such as your initials, a star or other shape) in the paper no larger than the circumference of the toilet roll and cut it out.
2. Glue your superhero symbol to the back of the thin cardboard and cut out. If using a letter, glue it backwards.
3. Stick your superhero symbol onto a piece of plastic wrap.
4. Place the symbol (with the cling wrap on the outside) onto the end of your toilet roll and pull the plastic wrap tight around the tube. Secure with an elastic band.
5. Trim the plastic wrap close to the elastic band and secure by winding on a piece of sticky tape halfway on the plastic wrap, the other half on the toilet roll. Cut or remove the elastic band to leave your superhero symbol.
6. Now your child can shine a torch through the open end of the toilet roll and project the symbol onto the wall or ceiling - just like their favourite heroes!
This craft was created by Belinda Graham, who blogs at The Happy Home Blog.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!