Costume ideas: Angelina Ballerina
Make your own mouse ears with our FREE printable template to transform your daughter's ballerina costume into an Angelina Ballerina costume. Why not try making this for Book Week, Halloween or a fancy dress costume idea?
Number of players:
What you need:
- 1 x FREE printable template mouse ears
- 1 x A4 piece of pink foam board (or cardboard will do too)
- 1 x A4 piece of light pink felt
- 1 x A4 piece of dark pink felt
- Glue (a hot glue gun works best)
- 1 x pink Alice headband
- Some ribbon to add a bow in the centre
- 2 x fake flowers to add to the headpiece
Start by printing out the FREE printable mouse ears template.
Trace the template onto the pink foam board first (then you can use those shapes to cut out the other bits)
The easiest way to trace the template is to turn it over, trace around the lines with a lead pencil or black marker. Turn it face up again, put it on top of the foam board then trace over the line again. The line you did underneath should get imprinted onto the foam board.
Cut out those two ear shapes.
Now trace around those to make two more cut outs from the light pink felt.
You will also need a smaller inner circle of darker pink felt - so use the initial template and just eyeball out a circle that is about 1cm inside the main ear shape.
Cut all your bits out.
Glue the light pink felt to the foam board for each ear. Keep the dark pink inner ears aside for now, they can be added last.
Now get your Alice band. Mark out where the ears will sit.
Use a hot glue gun to glue the join between the two circles to the underside of the headband first (see video).
Once that sets, fold the lower circle up to meet the upper one, match them up and glue them together like that.
Do that for both ears.
Now glue the darker pink inner ear bits to the front of the main ear pieces.
Hints and tips:
To make it really pretty you can:
- add a ribbon, tied in a bow, in between the two ears
- add one or two fake flowers to the centre of the headpiece. Use a hot glue gun and then for extra fastening, tie small bits of ribbon around the stalks of the flowers where they meet the headband (see video)
Or for an easy "night before" version just use white cardboard for the ears and colour them pink with Textas, pencils or paint.
You can also make your own no-sew tutu here.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video and the printable templates.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!