How to paint your face for Halloween
Halloween costumes don't need to be fancy. It's all about looking creepy. You can do a lot with some white, red and black face paints. Watch the video below for some inspiration.
What you need:
- white face paint
- black face paint
- red face paint
- make-up sponges
- thin and medium paintbrushes
- about 3 tbsp of cornflour
There are many ways to paint a spooky face. You might want to Google some images first to get some ideas.
Start with a base coat of white, all over the face.
Now add colours. Add black eye sockets and some black skeleton teeth across the mouth.
Once you've done that, apply another layer of white and then pat some cornflour on with a makeup sponge to make it nice and chalky white.
Now add some bloody details in red. Some scars and wounds are essential for the walking dead because that's how they became... the walking dead.
Hints and tips:
- You can do a good zombie face by adding a green tinge all over.
- The Joker from Batman is a also good scary face you can paint on.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!