Pirate costume: how to dress like a pirate
You don't need a sewing machine to put together great homemade costumes and dress-ups. You just need a bit of imagination to get the pirate costume that’s perfect for some high-sea jinx. Watch the video below to find out how to make this easy pirate outfit.
Number of players:
What you need:
- Pair of old tracksuit pants
- Horizontal striped t-shirt
- Red sash belt (a neck scarf or dressing gown belt will do)
- Pirate eyepatch
- Red headscarf
- Waistcoat (try Vinnies)
- Black marker pen or face painting crayon
- Pirate sword (try the $2 shops)
Making a homemade costume for your pirates is easy. Watch the video to see how.
Start by cutting up your tracksuit pants. Cut one leg shorter than the other and then fringe the bottom hems for a tatty pirate look.
Now add the striped tee.
Make a pirate eyepatch (or buy one if easier).
Accessorise with a headscarf and red sash belt.
Draw on some facial hair and pirate scars with the pen.
Give your pirate a sword.
Ah harrr! Go forth and swashbuckle little pirate!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!