No-sew sock bunny
You've probably heard of a sock monkey but did you know you can also make a sock bunny? Not only that, you won't have to sew a stitch.
What you need:
- 1 x sock
- 3 cups rice
- 2 x rubber bands
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- white felt (1 x A4 sheet is plenty)
- small pieces of white and pink paper (nose and teeth)
- 25cm of ribbon
- sharp scissors
Use a funnel and a jug to fill the sock with rice. Three cups should be enough.
Now use the rubber bands to tie off a body section and then a head section respectively. You will need to leave a long section hanging over at the top, this will become the bunny's ears.
Cut out a piece of white felt and create a white belly for your bunny.
Now give your bunny some personality with eyes, a pink nose and some nice big white teeth.
Tie a ribbon at his neck.
Finally, cut the top overhanging section into two, to create two ears (see video). Trim the two pieces into bunny ear shapes.
That's it, your bunny is ready for Easter.
Hints and tips:
- If you are nervous about "spillage" you can use sewing stuffing or cotton wool to fill your sock bunny.
- You could also add a cotton ball as the bunny's tail.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!