Family handprints for Father's Day
The whole family can get involved in this project for Father's Day, the younger bubs may just need a little help to keep the paint in the right places. Make dad a pretty handprint poster or even create a crafty card for him to open.
What you need:
- paint - as many colours as you have hands
- paper plates - as many as you have hands
- family hands
- Lay your card out on a protected surface.
- Put your first colour, preferably your darkest, on to the first plate. This will be for the biggest hand.
- Press hand into the paint and then on to the paper.
- Leave to dry.
- Repeat these steps for each hand. As the paint dries, move on to the next smallest hand pressing it on top of the previous one.
- The end result is a pile of hands displayed for dad to cherish.
- Rather than a card, try framing it for dad to keep.
- Get Dad in on the act and use his hand first to get the whole family involved.
Kidspot on Twitter@kidspotNZ
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!