Easy costume: make a bat hat
This easy bat hat Halloween costume is a great way to get into Halloween without too much fuss. Little boys and girls will love this spooky bat costume idea.
Number of players:
What you need:
- 1 x black beanie
- 2 x A4 sheets of black card or foam board
- 1 x FREE printable template
- scissors or a craft knife
- strong craft glue or a hot glue gun
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- You may also need 2 x pegs to hold things in place while they dry if you are using craft glue
Use the FREE printable template to cut out bat wings and ears from your black card or foam board.
Attach the base of one wing to the side of the beanie by pinching the beanie material around it. Glue it in place and then use two pegs to hold everything together until it dries.
Do the same with the other wing on the other side.
Now attach the ears to the top of the beanie in the same way.
Glue on some googly craft eyes. Or if you don't have any of those, just cut out two large white circles for eyes, draw pupils on the eyes with a black marker pen. Stick those on.
Dress your child in all black and put the bat hat on. Ready to go trick or treating!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!