Talking calculator magic trick
Calculators are a great tool for simple "magic tricks." Just get your child to follow the steps below and you have an easy magic trick that will impress friends.
Number of players:
What you need:
Tell your friend that the calculator wants to talk to them and that the code numbers for the calculator to start talking are: 0.7734. Turn the calculator upside down. It will say: HELLO
Then get the friend to ask these questions. Use the calculator to get the answers.
- What is your name, calculator? Answer: 7718 - turn it upside down - BILL
- What is your job, calculator? Answer: 5508.918 - turn it upside down - BIG BOSS
- Who do you work for? Answer: 710.77345 - turn it upside down - SHELL OIL
- How big is the building where you work? Answer: 4614 - HIGH
Tips and hints:
Here are the corresponding numbers and their letters to make up more words for your talking calculator:
- H =4 E=3 L=7 I=1 O=0 B=8 G= 9 or 6 S=5
- A decimal point will give you a gap between words.
- If the word ends with O, you will need a decimal point after the 0
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!