Make a cardboard cubby house
Making a cubby house from scratch is so much fun! Combining a little creativity with simple craft skills, as well as the imaginative play that follows once the cubby house is built, a cardboad cubby house will fill many happy hours of play for your children.
What you need:
- Large cardboard box
- Teddy Bear
- Paint or textas (optional)
Using a cardboard box big enough to contain your kids, cut out a door and a window or two.
Once you have done the cutting work, encourage your children to decorate their cubby before they move in.
- Place cushions and teddy bears inside to play tea parties, sleepovers, hospitals, schools... or any other game that can be dreamt up in a cubby house.
- The best boxes for cubby houses are those that come with a new dishwasher, fridge or washing machine. If you aren't in the market for a new whitegood, you could ask at a whitegoods store if they have any spare large boxes.
- If you can't get your hands on one large box, you could create a cardboard space big enough for a cubby house by cutting the ends of several large boxes and connecting them with strong tape.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for the instructional video.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!