Make a paper plate Valentine
Make a paper plate Valentine for someone you love this year. (Hint for kids: someone you love is probably your mum.)
What you need:
- 1 x paper plate
- 1 x red pipe cleaner
- hole punch
- paints, crayons, coloured pencils or marker pens to decorate
- Fold the paper plate in half.
- Now trace half a heart shape onto the paper plate and trace the line between the plate and the rim edge of the plate.
- Now cut along those two lines.
- Fold it out and you should have a heart inside a circle! Magic!
- Now express yourself: paint it, colour it, crayon it, you could even glitter it!
- Punch a hole in the top and loop the pipe cleaner through to create a hanger for your gorgeous Valentine’s artwork.
- Give it to Mum. Go on, you know you want to.
- This activity was created by Penny Flanagan.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
Kidspot on Twitter@kidspotNZ
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!